ARTFL; CNRS; communications software (74)

Wed, 5 Apr 89 20:10:32 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 805. Wednesday, 5 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 5 Apr 89 08:51 EDT (17 lines)
From: GUEDON@CC.UMONTREAL.CA
Subject: ARTFL; CNRS

(2) Date: 4 April 1989 (38 lines)
From: Ruth Glynn <RGLYNN@UK.AC.OXFORD.VAX>
Subject: Telecommunications packages

Date: Wed, 5 Apr 89 08:51 EDT
From: GUEDON@CC.UMONTREAL.CA

With regard to Artfl (Tresor de la langue francaise), one should contact
American and French Research on the Treasury of the French Language
University of Chicago, Department of Romance Languages and Literatures
1050 East 59th Street, Chicago, Illinois.

With regard to CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique), it
is a small French outfit of about 35 000 scholars spread over a few
hundred laboratories ranging from pure science to humanities. It
only publishes a few dozen learned journals, etc. etc. (smile)

[Write to the Centre national de la recherche scientifique, 15 Quai
Anatole France, F-75700 Paris. Perhaps some of our French colleagues
will respond with further information. --W.M.]