file conversion? ARTFL? modem support? (57)

Tue, 4 Apr 89 18:08:37 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 798. Tuesday, 4 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Mon, 3 Apr 89 18:57:02 EDT (17 lines)
From: robin@utafll (Robin Cover)
Subject: DOS File Conversion Programs

(2) Date: Tue, 04 Apr 89 12:52:45 CDT (20 lines)
From: Charles Ess <DRU001D@SMSVMA>
Subject: hypertext; IBM

Date: Mon, 3 Apr 89 18:57:02 EDT
From: robin@utafll (Robin Cover)

Last month there was brief discussion of file conversion programs
for MS-DOS word processing files. Three were mentioned: R-DOC/X,
Word for Word, XWORD (2.24). Can anyone recommend other programs
or a recent review article which evaluated this genre? My most
important translation need is for WordPerfect 5.0 and Nota Bene 3.0.
I know...both probably import/export DCA. I want a one-step program
that will handle batch jobs. Thanks.

Robin C. Cover
zrcc1001@smuvm1.BITNET 3909 Swiss Avenue
convex!txsil!robin.UUCP Dallas, TX 75204
killer!dtseap!cover.UUCP (214) 296-1783(h) 824-3094(w)
killer!utafll!robin.UUCP