grading? fonts? (52)

Sun, 2 Apr 89 13:56:53 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 791. Sunday, 2 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Fri, 31 Mar 89 11:35:26 PST (15 lines)
From: Alan Rudrum <USERANTH@SFU.BITNET>
Subject: Grading cooperative work

(2) Date: Fri, 31 Mar 89 11:50:48 PST (16 lines)
From: Alan Rudrum <USERANTH@SFU.BITNET>
Subject: Turbofonts

Date: Fri, 31 Mar 89 11:35:26 PST
From: Alan Rudrum <USERANTH@SFU.BITNET>

I seem to recall a recent message in which someone wrote of a course
in which students worked co-operatively on certain projects. In the
course I'm planning for this Fall, on humanity's relationship with the
natural world, I should like students to work co-operatively (say three
to a project) on the "practical" twentieth century part of the course.
They might want, e.g. to undertake a history of Greenpeace or some
similar organization, analyzing its objectives, success and so on.
I have a very simple-minded question, which is, how does one assign
grades to individual students for work undertaken co-operatively? Please
reply personally to Alan Rudrum (useranth@sfu.bitnet)