electronic Shakespeare, cont. (30)

Tue, 14 Mar 89 20:06:04 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 725. Tuesday, 14 Mar 1989.

Date: Tue, 14 Mar 89 9:55 GMT
From: Lou Burnard <LOU@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK>
Subject: shakespeare on disk

I've just learnt (thanks Tom) of an outfit in the US which also sells
a straight unadorned ASCII text of Shakespeare on floppy disk! It's called
Shakespeare on Disk, Hollow Rd, PO Box 299, Clinton Corners NY 12514
tel (914) 266-5705. They charge $175 for "twenty favorite plays". The
text is I quote "a specially revised version of The Stratford Town Edition"
not the first edition to spring to mind perhaps. It says in the flyer that
teachers librarians and performing groups are welcome to copy till they
are blue in the face (well, actually, it says "for student/performer use"
) and goes on at great length about how you can import the text into your
favourite word processor...

would the Electronick Text Corporation care to comment on the pricing/format
of their electronic text?

anyone else want to join in?

Lou