Oxford Electronic Shakespeare, cont. (150)

Wed, 8 Mar 89 19:47:52 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 691. Wednesday, 8 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 8 Mar 89 05:10:47 CST (21 lines)
From: Richard Goerwitz <goer@sophist.uchicago.edu>

(2) Date: Wed, 8 Mar 89 10:27:38 GMT (94 lines)
From: Sebastian Rahtz <spqr@CM.SOTON.AC.UK>
Subject: Oxford Electronic Shakespeare defended (80)

(3) Date: Wed, 8 Mar 89 16:36 (11 lines)
From: Wujastyk (on GEC 4190 Rim-C at UCL) <UCGADKW@EUCLID.UCL.AC.UK>
Subject: Oxford Electronic Publishing

Date: Wed, 8 Mar 89 05:10:47 CST
From: Richard Goerwitz <goer@sophist.uchicago.edu>

Ruth Glynn, Editor, Oxford Electronic Publishing, concerning
Sebastian Rahtz's recent posting, has used the following language:

> ill-informed little contribution
> no good at all
> rubbish of the "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" variety
> cheap jibe

You would think that SR was code for Rushdie. Look, with all the
hate spilling out all over the world right now, can't we at least
maintain some semblance of "humanity" here?

I can't blame RG (same initials as mine) for feeling resentful,
but I don't think SR can be accused of anything other than having
another (perhaps wrong) point of view. If you two can't kiss and
make up, then could you at least step outside?