Micro-OCP, cont. (39)

Sat, 25 Feb 89 18:25:26 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 651. Saturday, 25 Feb 1989.

Date: 25 Feb 89 11:17:54 EST (Sat)
From: Daniel Ridings <ridings@hum.gu.se>
Subject: Micro-OCP

The problem seems to be other than what we thought. Further investigation
has shown that it was not the reference that caused the failure of OCP
to report on a word but the use of wildcards and hyphens. Our text looked
like this:

text text text text dia-
fulassoi text text text xrw-
ntai text text text.

The command:

pick words "dia* xrw*".

found both diafulassoi and xrwntai. But strangely enough, if the wild
card fell after the hyphen the words were not found, ie:

pick words "diaful* xrwn*".
or
pick words "diafulassoi xrwntai".

failed to report on the above mentioned instances. It should be noted
that we transcribe the Greek from TLG's 7-bit coding to Nota Bene's
8-bit coding for Greek. This results in a very long "alphabet" command
and some of the accents receive non-printing values.
We ran through our texts and CTL files time and time again,
always with the same result. I have now sent them to Oxford for testing.