Aarseth's Paradigma, cont. (29)

Mon, 20 Feb 89 18:41:26 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 625. Monday, 20 Feb 1989.

Date: Mon, 20 Feb 89 12:43 EDT
From: <J_CERNY@UNHH>
Subject: PARADIGMA comment.

Two condensed comments that may help anyone else who acquires a copy
of Aarseth's PARADIGMA program, as recently mentioned on HUMANIST.

(1) I took advantage of the offer by Roberta Russell to provide a copy
since I can't FTP and it was not on MACSERVE@PUCC. I discovered that
PARADIGM.HQX would not decode with BinHex 4.0, but it *would* decode
with the BinHex decode option in the Macintosh StuffIt utility.

(2) I then discovered that the HELP button in PARADIGMA did not
display any help. The author, Aarseth, tells me that it is ok with
pre-6.x versions of the Mac operating system, but won't display with
6.x versions (though you can examine the message code by using
ResEdit, nonetheless!).

Jim Cerny, University Computing, University of New Hampshire