micro-OCP, cont. (26)

Tue, 14 Feb 89 20:28:01 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 606. Tuesday, 14 Feb 1989.

Date: Tue, 14 FEB 89 10:40:34 GMT
From: SUSAN@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK
Subject: Hyphens in Micro-OCP

While I accept Daniel Ridings' point about hyphens in Micro-OCP, which
will be corrected, I should also point out that this is most likely
to occur in texts in TLG code or derived from TLG coding where the
references for chapter, book and sentence ends are not in the correct place.
In TLG, they occur at the beginning of the printed line within which the new
sentence or chapter begins, not at the actual place within the line where
the reference changes. The only other occasion where hyphens might occur
before a COCOA reference is at a page boundary, but a hyphen as the last
character on a page is not good typography.

Is anybody interested in our program to fix the TLG problem?

Susan Hockey