publication of interest (37)

Thu, 26 Jan 89 19:03:26 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 534. Thursday, 26 Jan 1989.

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 89 08:29:34 EST
From: "Charles W. Tucker" <N050024@UNIVSCVM>
Subject: A RECENT PUBLICATION OF INTEREST

Dear Colleague,

I strongly recommend an issue of CONTINUING THE CONVERSATION: A NEWSLETTER OF
IDEAS IN CYBERNETICS, Winter, 1988 edited by Greg Williams. This issue
contains a report by Thomas J. Smith and Karl U. Smith entitled "The
Cybernetic Basis of Human Behavior and Performance" which summarizes their
work during the last fifty years on "... the general phenomenon of closed-
loop control, which may in fact involve positive or negative or feedforward
control mechanisms (1)." Anyone with a concern in human behavior will find
some aspect of this report relevant.

This issue of CC can be obtained ($2 in US; $3 elsewhere) from:

Greg Williams
Hortideas
Route 1, Box 302
Gravel Switch KY 40328
(606) 332-7606

If you get this report, I would appreciate your comments on it.

Chuck Tucker, Sociology, USC-Columbia SC 29208 N050024 at UNIVSCVM